Saturday, March 7, 2009

A Very Beautiful Graph

Of all the parts of my project, graphing has the most moving parts. It requires the generators to work, the controller to respond quickly and for a bunch of JavaScript to combine lots of data from both the generator and the controller and format that data into a Google chart URL.



This is an actual graph, of actual projections, and actual bug counts. It was served up by the controller after I clicked on a graph link from a generated project summary page. It's using completely real data from the controller DB and the generators history.js files generated at the same time as the enotify project page.


In other words. It works!

More importantly, there are NO caveats!

This is production data.  I didn't hold it's hand or even watch.  I just came back after it the generator did it's thing, went to the web page and TA-DAAAAA!

1 comment:

Jack said...

WOW. Thank Paul! What I think that Graph is best way of explaining whole thing. I got everything in couple of minutes and the best thing is I will never forget it.
infopath signature